RSS Feed

The Artist of My Eye: Monica

0

Wednesday, February 5, 2014 by







Hi there! Today the Artist of My Eye's name is Monica. She is a fourteen year old teenager living in Mexico City, so she doesn't make art for a living yet. I have a feeling she will though, or probably a computer technical expert on making awesome graphics. I mean, how does a fourteen year old already self-design her own blog? I know those little side drawings on her blog are hers because Monica has shown her art in posts. On the bottom right are the side drawings (they're actually buttons). 

And above is the logo. At first sight, it seems like the First Lemon blog. In Mexico, lima means lemon in Spanish. Monica is bilingual (she speaks Spanish and English), so naturally she confused lima with lime. That's how the First Lime was born, which is the name of Monica's blog. But if you speak Spanish, you might say, "I thought lima really did mean lime and limón meant lemon." I speak Spanish too, but not Mexican Spanish. It's probably just the dialect.


Well, anyways, Monica is very inspiring, even more so the First Lime. I highly recommend following her blog!





Leave a Reply